Sunday, November 17, 2013

country roads + links for your Sunday (or Monday)


Cover Me Up by Jason Isbell on Grooveshark
 
+I'm looking forward to making this pot roast this week. I started telling Craig about the cloves in the onion trick, and he said, "Yeah, that's a classic French technique." So, yeah, I'm using a classic French technique this week. If that doesn't say anything about my level of culinary sophistication, I don't know what does.
+I love seeing other people's photos of my home state. Their perspectives are always interesting, and I love playing the "guess where that photo was taken" game.
+Speaking of my home state, a few items on my wish list boasting some home state love: here, here, and here.
+After a pretty stellar day at the thrift store--a pair of trouser jeans, no alterations needed for $4, and a soft old man sweatshirt for $1.50, I've added a few items to my thrift store wish list: elbow patches, the perfect tweed blazer, and a black and white Fair Isle sweater.
+I loved this. It made me wonder what item I'd put on the list--possibly my green leather purse
+Alison Winn Scotch's blog on Parents.com was one of the first "mom blogs" I ever read. Even though it's no longer active, I still follow her on twitter and have enjoyed reading about her foray into self-publishing.

Photos taken during a trip home for my niece's birthday last month. 

2 comments:

  1. Great links...i've been thinking about various publishing routes, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pot roast is my favorite...and Erik doesn't like it! WHAT?! Every time my mom makes it she gives me the leftovers because she knows I never make it! : )

    P.S. I love love love that second photo! SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete